Ads Top

OPC member stabbed and shot dead by cultist

– A member of the OPC was stabbed and
shot to death in Lagos
– The two suspects responsible for the
murder were arrested by police
– The presiding magistrate ordered that
they be remanded in prison
Two cultists, Makinde Quadri, aka Makay ,
and Yusuf Ayinla, aka Fresh have been
arrested by the police in Lagos for
allegedly stabbing and killing a member
of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC).

The Punch reports that the victim Daniel
Alabi was killed in the Bariga area of
Lagos on Saturday, April 30 while he was
talking with a friend, identified as jamiu.
The suspects who were members of the
Aiye Confraternity stabbed with broken
bottles and shot him in the stomach but
they were arrested by the police following
a tip-off.
Jamiu said: “Alabi and I were discussing
by the roadside when Makay and his gang
members arrived.
“They hit him with all kinds of weapons.
Suddenly, Makay brought out a gun and
shot him in the stomach. He was taken to
a hospital, where he was confirmed
dead.”
Makay admitted that he joined the cult in
2005 but claimed he was not in the area
when the murder was committed.
“I am married with a child and I live in
Sango, Ogun State; I am not based in
Lagos. This allegation against me is just to
tarnish my image because I am popular
in the area.
“On the day of this incident, I was in
Sango. It was the following day that I
came to Lagos. That evening, I saw a man
crying. He told me that a boy beat him up
because he was disabled.
“I went after the boy and gave him a blow
in the mouth. I didn’t know that he was a
member of the OPC. His colleagues saw
me and came to attack me. They took me
to their leader and they later said I was
the one that killed their member that died
the previous day.”
Fresh also denied the allegation and
claimed he was framed because he was
with Alabi the night he passed away.
Inspector Oladimeji Kazeem who is the
investigating officer arraigned the duo
before a chief magistrate’s court on six
counts of murder, belonging to an
unlawful society and conduct likely to
cause breach of the peace.

No comments:

mainevibez 2016. Powered by Blogger.