Ads Top

7 years old confession


7-year-old has been molested in Lagos
– She was molested by a middle-aged
trader at the Alaba International Market
– The little girl was molested twice by the
same suspect
– Police have arrested the suspect simply
called Joseph
– Investigations are still ongoing
The middle- aged trader at Alaba
International Market, Ojo, Lagos, simply
identified as Joseph, a.k.a Pastor
reportedly assaulted the little girl while
her mom and siblings were away.

He was arrested by the police for defiling
his neighbour’s seven-year-old
granddaughter (names withheld) at
Mechanic Bus Stop, Ojo, Lagos.
It was learned that the victim’s mother,
Mrs Nene Oguchint, alongside her three
children visited her sick father who lives
in the same compound with the suspect at
Number 19, Adeyanju (Civilian Barracks)
three weeks ago.
The victim was allegedly raped twice
during this period by Joseph who is
popularly called Pastor in the vicinity.
According to Crime Alert, the bubble
burst after a teenager in the compound
confided in the victim’s mother, Nene
Oguchint, that Pastor had earlier defiled
his 12-year-old brother, Collins.
Shocked at the disclosure, the victim’s
mother made further enquiries only to
discover that her visiting daughter had
fallen victim of the notorious serial rapist.
The victim (names withheld) told her
bewildered mother that the first time
pastor did it was the day she, together
with her younger ones, went inside the
Pastor’s room.
“When we entered, he told my little sister
Amaka to take my brother, Victor outside.
When they went outside, Uncle asked me
to sit on his laps, removed my pants and
his trouser and started putting his private
part inside my bum-bum. Later, white
substance began to come out from it.
After he finished, he gave her N10,00.
“The second time was in the afternoon; I
was in the passage alone, so Uncle Joseph
started calling me, in a low voice, to come
in. I thought he wanted me to run some
errand for him. So, I went inside his room
and he did the same thing to me. After he
finished, he gave me two sliced bread.”
Asked why she didn’t tell her mother, she
said that Uncle threatened that he will kill
her if she told anyone.
Victim of the assault which took place at
Ojo in Lagos.
Mother of the victim, Nene Oguchint who
spoke to Crime Alert on Thursday
morning gave her own account of the
incident.
“I live in the East with my husband and
children. I came to visit my sick father
who lives in that compound on the 29th of
April with my three young children. At
about 6pm when I got home on Monday, I
was washing clothes when one of my
neighbour’s children, named Junior (14
years old) came to me and said that there
was something that happened that he
wanted to tell me. I asked him what, he
said one of our neighbours, Joseph (a.k.a.
Brother pastor) pleaded with his mother
to allow his younger brother Collins, (12-
years old) sleep in his room since his
sister didn’t come back home that night.”
According to him: “Ignorantly, my mother
agreed and that night, my younger
brother slept in his room. In the morning
when Collins woke up, he complained to
me that Pastor didn’t allow him to sleep
in the night, as he kept touching his
penis, kissing, and troubling him all
through the night. He pulled his trouser
and when he tried to shout, he closed his
mouth.” Junior further explained that
thrice the Pastor attempted to rape him
and he told him off, as such he dislikes
him.
She continued: “I asked Junior why he
didn’t report to his mother, he said he
didn’t because the Pastor is dating his
mother and that his mother would not
believe him. Still, I encouraged him to tell
his mother which he did. Unfortunately
when he did, the mother slapped him,
asking how he would make such an
allegation against Joseph the Pastor. While
this was going on, two siblings from
another tenant, Joel and Emma said that
the same Pastor has done similar things to
them, too. I asked them why they didn’t
tell their mother when it happened, they
said he threatened to kill them if they
told anyone.
“I was shocked so I called my daughter
(names withheld) and asked her if she
heard what Junior, Joel and Emma had
said. She said yes. I asked her if the
Pastor had done something like that to
her, she started shivering and said: “Yes
mummy, please don’t beat me’.”
“I asked her how many times, she said
twice. After she explained to me, I raised
alarm. Then, the Pastor was already
inside the house of one of the victim’s
mother, Mama Collins. I then confronted
him. He didn’t say anything, it was
Mummy Collins that was pleading with me
to calm down and stop shouting and
advised that I should not tell anyone.
“I told her that it was not possible, that
there was no way I would sweep a case of
defilement against my daughter under the
carpet. I then called my husband who had
travelled to the east. It was my husband
that told me to report the case to the
police, which I did on Tuesday morning
because it was already late.
“When I got to Iyana-Isashi police station,
the police officers were confused because
the suspect had come to report the case to
them the previous night. Alleged police
complicity
“The police took my daughter to a private
hospital in Ali-Baba, Isashi, where a test
was conducted and it was discovered that
she has been sexually abused, recently.
After attempts to persuade me to settle
the case failed, the police officer in-
charge of the case said that if I want the
case to be charged to court, I should be
ready to pay money for transportation to
Badagry Magistrate’s court.
Mother of the victim
“On Wednesday afternoon, the police
officer in-charge of the case hurriedly
took us to Badagry Magistrate’s court after
he heard that human right groups were
interested in the case. Unfortunately, we
got there late and the case could not be
heard because the court didn’t sit. They
referred us to Ojo Magistrate’s court.
“I don’t understand how the police is
handling the case any more as the IPO
says I won’t be going to the court with
my daughter. Since the incident took
place, many of the suspect’s relatives
including an Anglican priest, have been
calling asking us to name our price, that
they would pay anything for the case not
to go to court.
The suspect who was initially denying the
allegation, later started begging me to
forgive him and withdraw the case.”
Lamenting, the victim’s father, Chinedu
Oguchint, a trader, who came to Lagos
because of the case on Wednesday, said:
“I want the case to be properly
investigated and we want justice to be
done.
Joseph aka Pastor, the rape
suspect.
We are calling on the Commissioner of
Police, Owoseni Fatai, Lagos state
government and the human right groups
to intervene in this issue as the suspect’s
relatives are attempting to cover the case
up.
Another drama While this was going on,
another drama took place as parents of
the victim alleged also that the
investigating police officer had forcibly
taken their daughter to an Ikeja
magistrate’s court where the case was to
be heard.
The mother said she was at the police
station with the suspect when the police
officer took her child and insisted that she
should not follow them to court.
According to her, “They left the police
station without me. I traced them to the
court in Ikeja, later.”

No comments:

mainevibez 2016. Powered by Blogger.