Ads Top

Governor aminu tambuwal on a visit to Abia state

Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto
state paid an official visit to Abia state,
on the invitation of the Governor, Okezie
Ikpeazu.
Tambuwal, who commissioned some roads
constructed by the Abia state government,
called on Governors of the South-East to
support the grazing reserve policy of the
Federal Government.
The Sokoto state Governor also said the policy
will stop the frequent clashes between Fulani
herdsmen and farmers.
Tambuwal said “I am a Fulani man and I
have herds of cattle but I restricted my cattle
to a particular location because I need to
monitor what they eat and constantly check
on their well-being in general.
“I also know the quality of meat, milk and
skin they produce after I take good care of
them. So allowing them to roam about in far
flung areas in search of grass and water is
inimical to their health and the health of the
herdsmen taking care of them.”
He also praised Governor Ikpeazu for making
judicious use of the resources of the state.
The Governor also stressed on the importance
of establishing grazing reserves for the
herdsmen, saying “Introduction of the new
grazing policy, especially in Northern states,
is a logical idea since it will restrict the
movement of herdsmen to designated areas,
away from farmlands and communities.”

No comments:

mainevibez 2016. Powered by Blogger.